This year’s event takes place at the William F. Rice Jr. Extension Center in Voorheesville, NY on May 7th. NFA Director Scott Salveson will be speaking along with a host of other firewood professionals.
At the workshop you’ll learn where the Firewood Industry is headed in the future, what’s working for successful firewood businesses today, and all kinds of ideas on how you could improve your own business.
Previous workshop presentations have featured topics such as:
- How not to run a firewood business
- How to get more than $700/cord for firewood
- Why the Firewood Industry needs a trade organization
- How to improve your bottom line by sorting your wood
- The ins and outs of kiln drying
- The potential for drying firewood using vacuum extraction
- All about the APHIS/PPQ Quarantines
This is the only workshop of its kind in the U.S., and we here at the NFA have found it to be both interesting and highly useful. We couldn’t recommend it more highly.
The workshop is sponsored by the USFS Wood Education and Resource Center, Sawmill & Woodlot magazine, NC State University and the Empire State Forest Products Association.